By Francis D. Cogliano
- Features essays by means of the best students within the box, together with Pulitzer Prize winners Annette Gordon-Reed and Jack Rakove
- Includes a piece that considers Jefferson’s legacy
- Explores Jefferson’s wide variety of pursuits and services, and covers his public profession, inner most existence, his perspectives on democracy, and his writings
- Written to be available for the non-specialist in addition to Jefferson scholars
Read or Download A Companion to Thomas Jefferson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar biographies of presidents & heads of state books
The 1st significant biography of America’s twenty-eighth president in approximately 20 years, from considered one of America’s ideal Woodrow Wilson students. A Democrat who reclaimed the White condominium after 16 years of Republican administrations, Wilson was once a transformative president—he helped create the regulatory our bodies and laws that prefigured FDR’s New Deal and could turn out valuable to governance throughout the early twenty-first century, together with the Federal Reserve method and the Clayton Antitrust Act; he guided the country via international battle I; and, even supposing his advocacy in want of becoming a member of the League of countries proved unsuccessful, he still verified a brand new state of mind approximately diplomacy that might hold the US into the United international locations period.
Hindenburg unearths how a formerly little-known normal, whose profession to basic retirement age had supplied no genuine foretaste of his heroic prestige, turned a countrywide icon and dwelling fable in Germany after the 1st global warfare, shooting the mind's eye of hundreds of thousands. In a interval characterised by way of rupture and fragmentation, the legend surrounding Paul von Hindenburg introduced jointly a extensive coalition of Germans and have become the most powerful forces in Weimarpolitics.
Faire l. a. biographie de Václav Havel est selected complexe, vehicle il s’agit de tracer le portrait tout à l. a. fois de l’iconoclaste, de l’intellectuel, de l’artiste auteur dramatique, du chief politique, du dernier président de Tchécoslovaquie, du ideal président de l. a. République tchèque. Il y a l’enfance heureuse de Havel à Prague, ses origines familiales bourgeoises, ses premières pièces.
A grasp historian illuminates the tumultuous courting of Il Duce and his younger lover Claretta, whose terribly intimate diaries only in the near past became to be had Few deaths are as grotesque and notorious as these of Benito Mussolini, Italy’s fascist dictator, and Claretta (or Clara) Petacci, his much-younger lover.
- The Gentleman Boss
- Lincoln's Other White House: The Untold Story of the Man and His Presidency
- Orbáns Ungarn (German Edition)
- Priest, Politician, Collaborator: Jozef Tiso and the Making of Fascist Slovakia
Additional resources for A Companion to Thomas Jefferson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to Thomas Jefferson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Francis D. Cogliano